A Health Vlogger Accidentally Poisons Herself During A Livestream

A health blogger was rushed to hospital after accidentally poisoning herself during a livestream.

The 26-year-old video blogger from China, known as Ms Zhang, appeared on an internet livestream to demonstrate the health benefits of Aloe Vera.

Except the plant she was eating wasn't Aloe Vera.

It was actually a poisonous plant from Mexico that looks similar, called Agave Americana.

During the live video, named 'Aloe Vera Feast', Zhang can be seen taking a bite of the large leaf, at first, remarking on how "great" it tastes before complaining the plant tasted "bitter" and abandoning the vlog altogether.

Later, she said that her mouth was "numb" and her throat was "on fire".

She reportedly broke out into rashes and blisters and had her stomach pumped to remove traces of the plant.

Actual Aloe Vera leaves are harmless, other than producing a laxative effect in larger doses and bloggers regularly use the plant's leaves in food or to demonstrate its amazing skincare benefits, but the Agave plant can be toxic.

Ms Zhang is now thought to be in a stable condition.

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content