Contest Name: MYfm $5K Girl Scout Cookie Buy (the “Contest”)
Participating Station(s): KBIG-FM (the “Station”)
Station(s) Address: 3400 W. Olive Ave., Suite #550, Burbank, CA 91505
Telephone: (818) 559-2252
Sponsor: Medieval Times (the “Sponsor”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
This Contest is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia AND reside within one of the following Southern California Counties: Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego or Imperial AND are at least 14 years of age at the time of entry. If Entrant has not reached the age of majority in his/her primary state of residence at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes (19 years old if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years old if a resident of Mississippi, and 18 years old in all other states), then Entrant must obtain Parental Consent in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Parental Consent occurs when the parent or legal guardian of a minor entrant between the age of 13 and the age of legal majority in the state of entrant’s residence grants permission for the Entrant to participate and agrees on behalf of himself/herself and the minor entrant to these Official Rules. If you are not a legal resident of the United States AND do not reside in the participating Southern California Counties, AND you are not the required age as of time of entry, you are not eligible to participate in this Contest or to win a prize. Company and Contest Entities (both as defined below), individuals from all other radio and television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” inclu des spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
Void outside the Southern California counties listed above and where prohibited or restricted by law. Odds of becoming a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received.
iHeart Media + Entertainment, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, divisions, and individual stations, the Station, iHeartRadio and iHeartMedia (collectively, the “Company”) will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these official Contest rules. “Contest Entities” shall be collectively be referred to herein to mean any party or entity associated in any way with the Contest, including but not limited to Company, Sponsor, individual participating Stations, the Contest’s sponsoring organizations, any third party prize provider(s) and/or prize fulfillment service, and each of the foregoing’s respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, and each of their employees, talent, artists, volunteers, agents, shareholders, and contractors.
By participating, each entrant (and if eligible minors, their parents/legal guardians) agrees as follows:
The Company may from time to time conduct contests concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned and not owned by the Company, and in various States, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during a contest as announced on the affected station. Participating station s are listed above. For a list of participating stations and/or a copy of the official Contest rules, please visit the office of the Station during normal business hours or send your request by mail as instructed herein.
- DESCRIPTION OF CONTEST/PARTICIPATION.
- Dates of Promotion: Contest will begin on Friday, February 9, 2018 at 6:00am Pacific Time (“PT”) and end on Friday, March 9, 2018 at 10:00am PT, when the winner will be selected and announced. (“Contest Period").
- How to Participate: Visit www.1043myfm.com, keyword “GIRL SCOUTS” between 6:00:01am PT on Friday, February 9, 2018 and 11:59:59pm PT on Wednesday, February 21, 2018 (“Nomination Period”). Complete the online nomination form according to the instructions provided therein. By submitting a Nomination, Nominator represents and warrants that (i) he/she has permission from the Nominee to submit the Nomination. The Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
PARTICIPATION CONSTITUTES AGREEMENT TO ABIDE BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- WHO CAN BE NOMINATED? Any eligible Girl Scout Troop (“Troop” or “Nominee”) that is a member of one of the following councils: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles, Girl Scouts of Orange County, Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast OR Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio. A nominee may be selected only once during the Contest Period. NOTE: The Winning Troop from this year’s “MYfm $5K Cookie Buy Contest” (2018) will not be eligible for nomination nor participation in this Contest next year (2019).
Entries are subject to any applicable restrictions or requirements listed herein. The Company is not responsible for entries not received
due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties and other technological problems. The Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, undeliverable, illegible, damaged, stolen, garbled, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, or incomplete entries or communications, regardless of cause. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Should multiple users of the same e-mail account or mobile phone number, as applicable, enter the Sweepstakes and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the authorized account holder of said e-mail account or mobile phone account at the time of entry will be considered the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address or mobile phone number by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, telephone service provider or other organization which is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses, phone numbers or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of submission or receipt by the Company for online entries. When applicable, the Company’s computer will be deemed the official time keeping device for the Contest. Entries will be disqualified if found to be incomplete and/or if prohibited multiple entries are determined. Incomplete or entries in excess of the above stated limit will be declared ineligible. All entries become the property of Company and will not be receipt acknowledged or returned. Company’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- HOW TO NOMINATE A GIRL SCOUT TROOP: Beginning February 9, 2018, 6:00am PT through February 21, 2018 at 11:59pm PT, Nominators can listen to KBIG-FM and go to the Stations’ website at www.1043myfm.com, keyword “GIRL SCOUTS” to nominate a Girl Scout Troop for the MYfm $5K Girl Scout Cookie Buy. Nominator will be prompted to nominate a Girl Scout Troop from one of the following councils: Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles, Girl Scouts of Orange County, Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast OR Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio and fill out the nomination form completely and accurately to submit an official nomination. Deadline for nominations is 11:59 pm PT on FEBRUARY 21, 2018. Limit one (1) nomination entry per Nominee per Nominator/email address. In the event more than one Nominator nominates the same Nominee, the first nomination entry to be submitted with the Station will be deemed the entry for that Nominee. Valid nominee submissions must contain all information requested.
- VOTING PERIOD: To vote for a nominee visit www.1043myfm.com beginning Friday, February 23, 2018 at 6:00am PT. Nominee submissions will be arranged in random order. Deadline to vote is 11:59pm PT on March 7, 2018. Voting is open to participants who are legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who reside within one of the following Southern California Counties: Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego or Imperial that are at least 14 years of age or older at the time of registration. To vote for a Girl Scout Troop of the Participant's individual choice, Participants must follow the online instructions to search for a Troop listed on the Contest page and submit all required information completely and accurately. Participants must fill out an online form to submit a vote using a valid personal email address. Participants must have a valid personal email address to participate and may only vote once per day. Only votes made online by eligible Participants during the Voting Period will be c ounted. No group registration, group votes or mail-in votes are permitted and are void. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted and are void.
Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address per day for the duration of the voting period. If a Nominee entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the finalist in its sole discretion. By voting you agree to bound by these rules. Tie Breaking: In the event that one or more Troops have the same number of votes, (1) Troop will be randomly selected and named the winner.
- WINNER SELECTION: At the conclusion of the Voting Period, on or about Thursday, March 8, 2018 at 10:00am PT, the Nomination which receives the most number of votes during the Voting Period, as determined by the Company, will be declared the Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. The Grand Prize winner will be announced and notified on Friday, March 9, 2018 during the “Valentine in the Morning” show. The Grand Prize Winner must assist in delivering the Girl Scout cookies purchased to the United Service Organizations (USO) at the conclusion of the Contest. ALL DECISIONS BY THE COMPANY WILL BE FINAL. The winning Troop will be contacted from the information provided at time of registration. If the Company is unable to contact the selected winner with the information provided or in the event the selected Troops forfeits the prize, the Company reserves the right to select an alternative winner(s) at its sole discretion. NOTE: The Winning Troop from this year’s “MYfm $5K Cookie Buy Contest” (2018) will not be eligible for nomination nor participation in this Contest next year (2019).
- NOTIFICATION: The winning Troop will be notified on or about Friday, March 9, 2018. If the Nominee is unable to verify registration information and or fails to submit the required release forms and documentation within 24 hours of notification, the Nominee will automatically be disqualified and their prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winning Troop. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon placing of a phone call or sending of an e-mail. The Company is not obligated to leave voice mail, answering machine or other message. The Contest Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winners. The Company reserves at its sole discretion the right to choose an alternative qualifier or possible winner in the event that that a qualifier or possible winner has been disqualified or is deemed ineligible. All Nominee submissions become the Company’s property and will not be returned. The Company assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, misdirected, misplaced, damaged, illegible, incomplete, late, mutilated or postage-due Contest submissions or for any act or failure to act regarding the transmitting, delay, or processing of entries, including any computer or malfunction involving the submission and or notification.
2.CONSUMER CREATED CONTENT REQUIREMENTS.
As used herein, “Content” includes and refers to all information, content, and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest (including, but not limited to the entry, photograph, images, hashtags, descriptions, and tags).
By submitting your Content, you warrant and represent that such Content: (i) is your original work, (ii) has not been previously published, (iii) has not won previous awards, (iv) has not been copied from other works, (v) does not infringe upon the rights of any person or entity (including such individual’s and/or entity’s copyrights, trademarks rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other intellectual property), (vi) that you have obtained permission from a person whose name, likeness or voice is used in the Content, and
- and that publication of the Content via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties (as defined herein) from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose Content includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Company’s use of su ch Content, in a form satisfactory to Company, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner. The Content submitted shall be 100% owned and controlled by the entrant. The Content shall be free and clear of any claims by any person whose writings, quotes, or ideas are embodied in the Content, or any person rendering services in connection with the Content. The Content shall not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which you have not obtained a license. The Company reserves the right to remove or void any Content that it deems to be in violation of these Official Rules, in its sole and absolute discretion.
will not place the Company or Contest Entities under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the Company is free to use and otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your Content, the Company and the Company Entities do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Company or Company Entities, or developed by their employees , or obtained from sources other than you.
BY SUBMITTING ANY CONTENT, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER CONTENT MAY BE POSTED ON COMPANY’S WEBSITE, OR ELSEWHERE ON THE INTERNET AS AUTHORIZED BY COMPANY, IN COMPANY’S DISCRETION. In consideration
for your participation in this Contest and for the opportunity to win a prize hereunder, you hereby grant the Company, the Contest Entities, and another authorized on their behalf, an unlimited, perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, non-restrictive, royalty-free, sub- licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, publically perform, transmit, have distributed, prepare derivative works of, and promote such Content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose and without consideration to the entrant.
All Content submitted must confirm to the additional submission requirements set forth as follows to be eligible:
- Content must comply with these Official Rules, any Terms of Service on the Company website;
- Content must be uploaded/submitted in the format specified and must comply with the posting requirements set forth above and as posted on the Company website and the Instagram website;
- Content must be Federal Communications Commission acceptable, including no use of indecent or obscene material or language;
- Content cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Content cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), and cannot promote or portray any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- Content cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Content cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging, libelous, or misleading remarks, comments, or material about the Company, the Station, either of their respective products and/or services, or about any other people, products or companies;
- Content cannot infringe on or violate any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of publicity, or other intellectual property, proprietary, or contractual right of a third party and cannot contain any personal identification such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses, other than entrant’s;
- Content cannot contain trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission;
- Content cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission (Company does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant, except copyrighted materials owned by Company, is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Therefore, do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your content and grant the rights herein granted to Company);
- Content shall not include any background artwork, unless it is an original work of the entrant (any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in the Content must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein);
- Content cannot be abusive or harassing towards any individual or group of individuals regarding race, sex, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or any legally protected classification (which includes, but is not limited to, epithets or slurs, threats, intimidations, or hostile acts);
•Content cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Content cannot communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Company wishes to associate;
- Content cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and
- Content must be socially acceptable and in good taste, as determined by the Company in the Company’s sole discretion.
ALL DECISIONS REGARDING THE APPROPRIATENESS OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE CONTENT SHALL BE AT THE
SOLE DISCRETION OF THE COMPANY. The Company reserves the right to reject any Content, in its sole discretion, based on the terms set forth herein as well as current broadcast standards and other programming and operating practices and policies established by the Company and/or Station for airing advertising. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Company does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Company reserves the right to waive the Contest Content requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Company reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Entry Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Content which fails to comply with the Content requirements prior to any judging or voting period. CONSUMER-CREATED CONTENT POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WAS NOT EDITED BY COMPANY AND IS THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF COMPANY IN ANY MANNER.
By accepting a prize, the winner(s) agrees that his or her Content will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Company all of his/her right, title, and interest in and to his/her Content, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she m ay have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Company, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their Content. Company reserves the right to alter, change, or modify the winning Content, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Company, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Company, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title, and interest in and to the Content and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Company fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Company’s rights and Company may at a later time request the assignment.
- VOTING CONTESTS. If the Contest involves listener participation by voting for a Contest entrant on the station’s website then the voting is limited to one (1) vote per person. If a contestant receives multiple and/or irregular votes from the same user or users, regardless of the source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the Contestant its sole discretion. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting entrant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per person/verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Company reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the Contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair prac tices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s) in a fair and equitable manner as determined by Company in its sole discretion.
- PRIZE(S). THE NOMINATOR IS NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZE. No more than the advertised number of prizes shall be awarded. The prize is subject to certain terms and conditions as specified herein. A prize may not be sold, traded, or commissioned, and is not exchangeable, transferable, substitutable, or redeemable for cash except in Company's sole discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change. Company is not the supplier or guarantor of any prize, unless otherwise specified. Prizing may be fulfilled by a third-party fulfillment company. The prize will only be awarded if properly claimed according to the Rules. All costs and expenses related to the prize acceptance, the prize, and/or prize use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of winner(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Girl Scout Troop to be determined as the Winner will be awarded $5,000 towards the purchase of Girl Scout Cookies from the winning Girl Scout Troop. The Grand Prize Winning Troop must assist in delivering the Girl Scout cookies purchased to the United Service Organizations (USO) at the conclusion of the Contest.*
Prize approximate retail value $5,000.00 (U.S. Dollars). Grand Prize is provided by iHeartMedia.
*The Winning Troop from this year’s “MYfm $5K Cookie Buy Contest” (2018) will not be eligible for nomination nor participation in this Contest next year (2019).
Conditions and restrictions may apply. Limit: One (1) prize per person/household for this Contest. Winner(s) and winner’s household members cannot have won a prize through any Company promotion in the thirty (30) days prior to this Contest start date. All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise stated in the contest’s official rules or upon notif ication, or unless required as in date specific prizes. Certain prizes are date-specific (i.e., concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If the winner is not available on the specified dates, winner will be disqualified and the Company reserves the right to choose an alternative prize winner if sufficient time remains prior to travel. For such prizes, the Company is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any event and no substitution or compensation shall be awarded. Company reserves the right to not award the prize associated with that canceled event or concert, without any payment or obligation to the win ner or
potential winner. Any provided tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon. Location of seats and tickets are in Company’s sole discretion or may be predetermined as supplied by the Company. The Company reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with another prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value or alternatively may substitute such prize with a comparable prize (or prize component) per the Company’s discretion, if for any reason a prize, or any portion thereof, as described herein should become unavailable. When applicable, prizes involving personal appearances of artists or celebrities are subject to artist/celebrity’s schedule. In such situation, the winner(s) (and, if applicable, guest) agree to comply with all applicable venue regulations in connection with the personal appearance, concert, and/or other Contest prize event. Company and the applicable venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to winner (and his/her guest) who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the personal appearance, concert and/or other Contest prize event or in any other objectionable behavior. If, after a prize has been selected and ticketing has been completed, artist/celebrity is unable to appear, such portions of the prize will be forfeited and the Company shall have no further obligation to winner. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. Winner may be required to present a copy of a valid social security card and valid identification as a condition of participating or receiving any prize when winn er will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual value of all prizes won. If actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, or the winner and/or if applicable, his/her guest(s) and/or eligible travel companion(s) forfeit, do not use, or are determined ineligible for any portion of the prize, the winner will not receive the difference between the actual and approximate retail value, and such difference will be forfeited. ALL PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” AND THE COMPANY DOES NOT MAKE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR) ANY REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATING TO ANY PRIZE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED.
Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that the Company and the Station, their affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, distributors and the Contest Entities, and (when applicable) the Contest’s sponsor(s), prize provider(s), any applicable third-party fulfillment services, and each of their respective, parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant's ability to participate in the Contest; (2) any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest; (3) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (4) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (5) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or operation of the Contest; or (6) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
The Company further reserves the right to: (i) cancel, terminate, suspend, declare null or void, amend, alter, or modify the Contest, void any suspicious entries, rescind any prize, and/or determine absolute resolution, and/or an alternate method of conducting the contest and/or awarding the prize(s) at any time, for any reason, or if, in the sole discretion of the Company, it is impossible or impractical to complete or conduct the Contest as planned for any reason, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures of any sort, programming associated with or used in the Contest, by any human error which may occur in the execution of this Contest, or any other causes which affect the operation of the Contest or the rules of the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person, whethe r or not a entrant in the Contest and/or (ii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. In the event of termination of the Contest by Company, Company reserves the right to award any prize(s) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Company.
- PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. The Company will retain the entrant's personal data for a reasonable period of time to enable it to send that entrant any prize that they have won and to verify that these rules have been compli ed with, and
- RELEASES, CONDITIONS, AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing) to release and waive any and all claims of liability against the Released Parties, from and against from any and all liability, loss or damage (including personal injury) incurred with respect to the conduct of or participation in the Contest, or the awarding, shipping/handling, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto. By accepting the prize, winner(s) hereby agrees that: (i) to release the Company, any participating Station, the Contest Entities, and, when applicable, the Contest’s sponsor(s), prize provider(s), third party fulfillment service, and each of their respective parent companies and affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, and licensees from any and all claims in connection with the Contest and the award or use of the prizes; and (ii) where allowed by law, sign a publicity release confirming consent to use the winner’s name/likeness as set forth in Section 6 prior to acceptance of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable to any entrant or winner or any person claiming through such entrant or winner for failure to supply the prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action, regulation, order or request by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action, regulations, order or request proves to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of publi c enemy, earthquake, volcanic eruption, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal) labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow- down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other cause beyond the Contest Entities’ sole control. Upon awarding the prize, he Company will have no further obligation to winner.
- TAXES. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, related fees, other costs or expenses related to prize acceptance and use not specified herein, regardless of whether such prize is used in whole or in part. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form wi ll be filed with the IRS.
- CONDUCT AND DECISIONS. All decisions of the Company and/or judges will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims, or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim the Prize, an alternate potential winner may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the Prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusi ve remedy under such circumstances. Any reference in these Official Rules or as part of the Contest to the Company’s and/or Station’s "discretion" and/or any exercise of discretion by the Company or Station shall mean in Company’s and/or Station’s "sole and unfettered discretion." The Company further reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a entrant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and/or (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice. Material changes to the contest rules will be broadcast on-air, when practical. The Company’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Company, any segment of the Contest is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, or cancelled, the Company reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, suspend, or cancel the Contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- BINDING ARBITRATION. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Company Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply California law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Com pany will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable, or illegal (other than that, claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures
established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Company shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within 60 days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- MISCELLANEOUS. Company reserves the right to determine eligibility should special circumstances arise, all decisions are considered final and binding. These rules are designed to be fair and equal to all entrants. The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the participating Station during normal business hours or visit the Company’s website. As a condition of participating in the Contest, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing) that: (i) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain costs, judgments, or awards for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to claim or seek, punitive, incidental, consequential, special, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses and in such limitation, entrant further waives any rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (ii) any and all disputes, claims, or causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, through binding arbitration as set forth above, without resort to any form of class action; and (iii) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (if any), excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclus ion of liability, so the above may not apply to every entrant. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a prize is contingent upon entrant’s fulfillment of all requirements set forth herein.
- COMPLIANCE WITH LAW AND GOVERNING LAW. The conduct of the Contest, and its Terms and Official Rules, are governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The Company and participating Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc., as required by applicable local and state law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Contest Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Company in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 10 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of California, in the City of Los Angeles.
THE REGISTERED NAMES USED IN THIS CONTEST ARE FOR IDENTIFICATION PURPOSES ONLY. ALL TRADEMARKS AND REGISTERED TRADEMARKS ARE THE PROPERTY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS.