This Toddler Accidentally Shreds More Than $1,000 Of His Parents' Savings!

Could you imagine your toddler accidentally shredding up $1,000 of your savings?!

Well that's exactly what happened to this family!

Ben and Jackee Belnap are huge Utah Utes football fans and after saving for about a year, they finally had enough to pay back a family member for their season tickets!

Ben said, "We pulled that money out on Sunday to go take it to pay for our season tickets."

The problem was that they couldn't find the money anywhere!

The white envelope the couple stored the money in had mysteriously disappeared!

They looked everywhere for it and that's when Jackee found the money in the shredder!!

More than $1,000 was shredded and they knew immediately it was their 2 year-old son, Leo.

OH.MY.GOD!

Jackee said Leo enjoyed helping her shred the bills, but they usually turned it off after they use it.

She continued, "as devastated and as sick as we were, this was one of those moments where you just have to laugh."

The good news is that the couple has spoken with the U.S. Department of Treasury and they may be able to get some or even all of the money back, but the process could take up to two years.

As for Leo, his parents say he's banned from using the shredder anytime soon!

What would you do if this happened to you?

 
Dave Styles

Dave Styles

Dave Styles is an on air host at 104.3 MYFM from 3pm-7pm! KBIG FM Los Angeles' More Music, More Variety radio station Read more

title

Content Goes Here