As of 11/13/18 at 3:00 pm
PLEASE: DO NOT RE-ENTER THESE AREAS. MANDATORY EVACUATION ORDERS WILL REMAIN IN PLACE UNTIL IT IS SAFE FOR RESIDENTS TO RETURN.
- Entire city of Malibu, and areas south of 101 Freeway from Ventura County line to Las Virgenes/Malibu Cyn, southward to the ocean
- Calabasas: All residences off Parkway Calabasas, including The Oaks, Vista Point, Westridge, Calabasas Hills, Calabasas Park Estates
- Monte Nido
- Topanga – Entire Community
- Liberty Canyon west to Decker Canyon and south all the way to PCH
- Las Virgenes/Malibu Canyon on the east to Decker Canyon on the west all the way to Malibu at PCH
- Oak Park – Entire Community
- Bell Canyon – Entire Community
- South of Bard Lake, east of Highway 23
- South of Highway 101. East of Reino Rd., north of Potrero Rd., east to the L.A./Ventura County line
- West Hills, west of Valley Circle Blvd with border to the north at Roscoe Blvd and to the south at Vanowen Street
- Thousand Oaks – T.O. Blvd. – North to Sunset Hills, from Oak Park west to HWY 23
- West of HWY 23 – South of E. Olson Road, North of Pederson Rd.
- South of Bard Lake, East of HWY 23
- South of HWY 101, East of Reino Rd., North of Potrero Rd., East to the L.A./Ventura County Line
Repopulation: Areas No Longer Under Evacuation Orders
As of 11/13/18 at 3:00 pm
The Los Angeles Sheriff's Department announced Tuesday morning that they would be opening the following areas to residents and businesses beginning at 9 a.m.
Parts of Liberty Canyon in Agoura Hills, including neighborhoods that are:
- South of Agoura Road
- East of Cornell Road
- West of Las Virgenes Road
- North of Mulholland Highway
*Per Southern California Edison, sections of the city of Agoura Hills may be without power at the time of the reopening of the area.
The northern section of the unincorporated Topanga, including neighborhoods:
- North of Viewridge Road
- South of the Los Angeles City limit
- East of Topanga Canyon Boulevard
- West of Double Ranch Road or Santa Maria Road
The southern section of the City of Malibu and parts of unincorporated Malibu, including the neighborhoods that are:
- On Pacific Coast Highway
- West of Coastline Drive
- East of Carbon Mesa Road
- From the ocean to the Malibu City limits with the following exceptions:
- FULL CLOSURE at Tuna Canyon Road and Pacific Coast Highway. Evacuation orders remain in effect for neighborhoods north of PCH and Tuna Canyon Road.
- FULL CLOSURE at Topanga Canyon Boulevard. Evacuation orders remain in effect for neighborhoods north of PCH and Topanga Canyon Boulevard.
- FULL CLOSURE on Rambla Pacifico Drive 400m north of PCH
NOTICE: Sheriff’s personnel will be maintaining a checkpoint at Pacific Coast Highway and Topanga Canyon Boulevard. Only RESIDENTS of the repopulated areas in the City of Malibu will be permitted to enter this area.
NOTES: SAFETY MESSAGE – The public is reminded to stay vigilant on current fire conditions. Please continue to adhere to road closures and any evacuation warnings. A reminder to drive slowly and yield to emergency personnel in the area. There will still be smoke in the respective areas as firefighters continue firefighting operations. If you feel unsafe at any time, please call 911.
Current Road Closures:
As of 11/13/18 at 3:00pm
- NB & SB off ramps on US-101 at Liberty Cyn.
- PCH Sunset to Wood Rd (north of Las Posas)
- SR-27 (Topanga Cyn) Mulholland to PCH. SR-23 PCH to Potrero
As of 11/12/18 at 11:105 a.m.
- Taft Charter High School – 5461 Winnetka Ave., Woodland Hills, CA 91364 (at capacity)
- Pierce College – 7100 El Rancho Dr., Woodland Hills, CA 91371 (Entrance off Desoto Ave.)
- Canoga Park High School
- Palisades Charter High School
As of 11/12/18 at 1:00 pm
*Animals in crates are accepted at all Red Cross shelters EXCEPT Palisades Charter*
Shelter Locations At capacity? Yes/No
- Pierce College - Yes (small animals only)
- Hanson Dam - Yes
- Borchard Community Center No. Accepting small animals ONLY
- AV Fairgrounds - Ample space for large animals
- Taft High School - Accepting small pets ONLY, with or without crates
- Agoura Animal Care Shelter- Closed, under mandatory evacuation
If you need large animal assistance, please call (818) 991-0071
Los Angeles County Animal Services
- Hansen Dam Equestrian Center – 11127 Orcas Avenue, Lake View Terrace, CA 91342 (at capacity)
- Los Angeles County Animal Services
- Earl Warren Show Grounds – 3400 Calle Real, Santa Barbara, CA 93105 Check-in at Gate C off of Calle Real
- Accepting large animals
If you need large animal assistance, please call (805) 388-4258