5 Facts About IPA Beer That You May Not Know
It's the weekend & lots of people will be drinking beer. But did you know these facts about IPA beer? According to USA Today...
(1) The 1st known mention of IPA was in the Sydney Gazette and New South Wells Advertiser in 1829. The ad mentioned "East India Pale Ale."
(2) The higher hop content was originally meant to preserve the beer along its travel from England to India in the 1800s.
(3) One of the 1st breweries to export the beer to India was Bow Brewery in England.
(4) A Double IPA, also known as Imperial IPA, is hoppier & higher in alcohol than a standard IPA. Vinnie Cilurzo, owner of Russian River brewery, came up with the term
(5) Hops & Cannabis are technically related. Both plants belong to the Taxonomic family.
STAY CONNECTED WITH SHELLEY AT THE LINKS BELOW...
-@ShelleyWade on Twitter
-@TheOneAndOnlyShelleyWade on Instagram
-All The Rage With Shelley Wade on Facebook