5 Rubik's Cube Facts From The Guy Who Created It!
Rubik's Cube was invented in 1974, but didn't become all the rage until the 80s. And since I love all things 80s, I love the Rubik's Cube! Now the guy who created it--Hungarian sculptor & architecture professor Dr. Erno Rubik--tells USA Today 5 facts you may not have known about his iconic invention...
5 Facts About Rubik's Cube:
(1) When Rubik's Cube was born in 1974 (with the original name Magic Cube), there was no internet--which means that there was no going online to cheat to figure out how to solve it. You had to use your brain...what a concept!
(2) Rubik says that the cube is much more than a puzzle...It's also a teaching tool & a piece of art.
(3) It has a tremendous amount of combinations & patterns...More than over 43 quintillion--That's 43,252,003,274,489,856,0000. Wowza!
(4) The shortest time to solve the cube (called Speedcubing) is less than 5 seconds. The world record is 4.22 seconds.
(5) You don't need more than 20 moves to solve the Rubik's Cube.
I don't currently have a Rubik's Cube, but my nephew does. So when I go home to visit my family in Houston, I play with his Rubik's Cube. The most I can solve is one side at a time. I never have been able to solve more that one side. What about you? When was the last time you played Rubik's Cube & how many sides can you solve at a time?