These Cauliflower Toasts Look So Yummy! (Recipe)
Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm a total foodie. And I'm a huge Barefoot Contessa fan. When I lived in NYC, I would fantasize that Ina Garten & I would meet each other...just out & about in our everyday lives. I fantasized that Ina & I would become fast friends & she would invite me to hang out with her for dinner at home in The Hamptons while Jeffrey was in Connecticut for work, lol. Sadly, it never happened.
I came across this post from Ina yesterday on Instagram about Cauliflower Toasts & immediately knew that I had to make these...They look so yummy! (Keep scrolling down for the photo). Of the toasts, Ina commented:
I think cauliflower is a highly under-appreciated vegetable. It browns beautifully when roasted, it makes soups creamy without adding cream, and for these Cauliflower Toasts, I combine it with gruyere and pancetta on top of crusty bread to make an open-faced sandwich that’s crunchy, creamy, and totally decadent! Everyone goes crazy for these!
I plan to make these this weekend. If you wanna make them as well, your grocery list will consist of...
- 1 small head cauliflower (2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces Italian mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 6 ounces Gruyère cheese, grated
- 4 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, julienned
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large slices country-style bread
- Freshly grated Italian Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Flaked sea salt, such as Maldon
You can get the full recipe & preparation instructions HERE. The recipe is from Ina's new cookbook, Cook Like A Pro, due out October 23rd. When I make these this weekend, I'll be sure to post pics to my social media. If you'll also be making the Cauliflower Toasts, post a pic to your Twitter or Instagram & tag me...my social media handles are listed at the bottom of this blog. Thanks for stopping by, love you <3