2nd Customer Dies After Eating At This Restaurant

2nd Customer Dies After Eating At This Restaurant

Over the weekend, Pret a Manger revealed the alarming news that a 2nd customer has died due to an allergic reaction to one of its products. Pret a Manger has U.S. locations in New York, Boston, Chicago, Washington D.C., Philadelphia & Delaware.  But this customer died in the U.K.

The British customer ate a "super-veg rainbow flatbread" last December.  The flatbread contained yogurt that was supposed to be dairy-free, but was found to have contained a dairy protein.  Pret a Manger said it would take legal action against its yogurt supplier CoYo, which calls Pret a Manger's allegation's "unfounded."

Again, this is the 2nd death of a Pret a Manger customer due to an allergic reaction.  The 1st occurred when a teenager died in July of 2016 due to an allergic reaction after eating a baguette

The company says that it plans to remedy this problem by introducing full ingredient labels, including allergens, for all of its products.  There are Pret a Manger's all over Manhattan, so I used to eat there all the time when I lived in NYC.  But since there are no SoCal locations, I haven't eaten there in a while.  But I certainly do hope they immediately address this issue because no one should die due to improperly labeled food.

 
 

STAY CONNECTED WITH SHELLEY AT THE LINKS BELOW...

-All The Rage With Shelley Wade Blog

-@ShelleyWade on Twitter

-@TheOneAndOnlyShelleyWade on Instagram

-All The Rage With Shelley Wade on Facebook

Shelley Wade

Shelley Wade

Want to know more about Shelley Wade? Get their official bio, social pages & articles! Read more

title

Content Goes Here