10 Things You Didn't Know About Walmart
According to Business Insider, if Walmart were a country, it'd be the 42nd largest economy in the world. Here's what you should know about the brand and its CEO, Doug McMillon...
- It has over 11,000 stores & subsidiaries in 27 different countries around the world;
- It employs 2.2 million people around the world;
- Walmart claims that its store managers make, on average, $170,000 a year;
- Over 75% of Walmart managers started as hourly employees;
- Walmart CEO, Doug McMillon, got his start as a Walmart hourly employee. He worked a summer job unloading trucks when he was a teenager in 1984. He became their CEO just 30 years later;
- Doug McMillon's hidden talent is his Chewbacca impression;
- Doug McMillon's salary as Walmart CEO is $22.8m;
- The median Walmart employee makes about $19,177;
- The Walton Family, heirs to the Walmart empire, is worth $150,000,000,000 billion combined...making them the wealthiest family in America;
- Walmart will soon have robot custodians on the floors of its stores. The robot custodians are built to collect data, while scrubbing floors without any human help.
For more, watch the Business Insider video below...