Just like the rest of the United States, Southern California has seen a big drop in COVID-19 cases as more and more people get the COVID-19 vaccine. Well in hopes to get more people vaccinated to create "herd immunity," many any companies and health departments are offering incentives for those who choose to get vaccinated. Here are all of the incentives you can get just by getting the COVID-19 vaccine.
Eligible customers who get their vaccine through the pharmacy chain can enter the huge #OneStepCloser sweepstakes, "to win one of over a thousand fun and exciting prizes through weekly drawings and grand prizes over a six-week period." Those partners and prizes include:
- CVS Health: The pharmacy itself is offering 125 different $500 giveaways and five Grand Prize giveaways of $5,000 for family reunions.
- Norwegian Cruise Line:The cruise line is offering 100 7-day cruises for two in a balcony stateroom to your choice of destination including the Caribbean, Alaska, Europe and more.
- Procter & Gamble:The corporation is offering a VIP trip to Super Bowl LVI in Los Angeles for two people. The trip includes Super Bowl game tickets, airfare, a hotel stay and more.
- Unilever:The corporation is offering Night Out coupon booklets to use towards free Unilever products, which include Dove, TRESemmé, Suave, Degree, Schmidt’s, St. Ives and more. There is also the Grand Prize of a 2022 NCAA Final Four package for two.
- Bermuda Tourism Authority: Bermuda is offering Five three-night, four-day trips for two. The trips include airfare, deluxe hotel accommodations, roundtrip transportation and more.
- Hinge: The dating app is offering 500 $100 gift cards for dates. One winning couple will get the Grand Prize of a $5,000 gift card for an "ultimate date experience."
- iHeartMedia: The company is offering a VIP package for two to attend the iHeartRadio Music Festival, including first-class airfare, hotel, floor seats, backstage experiences with artists and other surprises.
- smarTours: The travel planning company will offer six fully escorted tours, including airfare, for two, to "one of many international destinations." One of the tours is a Grand Prize.
- Wyndham Rewards:The hotel chain's rewards program is offering five two-night weekend getaways with a Platinum membership upgrade. There is also a Grand Prize seven-night getaway that includes an airfare voucher and a Diamond membership upgrade, redeemable at thousands of hotels, vacation club resorts and vacation rentals around the world.
The CVS sweepstakes ends on July 10.
The donut chain has been offering one free Original Glazed donut a day to anyone who has gotten at least one dose of the Moderna, Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson vaccines.
Customers who want to redeem their free donut must show their vaccination card in the shop or drive through at a participating location.
The burger chain is offering free crinkle-cut fries to anyone who shows their vaccine card in-store before purchasing a burger or chicken sandwich. The free fries are available until 11 p.m. EST on June 12.
Target customers can get $5 off any purchase when they get vaccinated at "nearly all CVS at Target locations." Those who get their vaccine in-store will get a coupon to use on any in-store purchase.
Both Uber and Lyft are offering free rides to vaccination sites until July 4, as part of aWhite House partnership.
For Uber, four free rides "up to $25 off each" are available to customers who open the app, tap "Vaccine," and then tap "Get your free ride" between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m.
For Lyft, two rides are free up to $15 each, with ride codes available in the app or on the Lyft website beginning May 24.
Vaccine Incentives in California
Governor Gavin Newsom announced a new incentives program for the state, called "Vax for the Win."
The vaccine incentive program is the largest in the U.S. and includes "$100 million in $50 prepaid or grocery cards."
There will also be 30 winners, out of all vaccinated Californians, selected for the “$50,000 Fridays” cash prize drawings on June 4 and June 11. Furthermore, 10 out of all vaccinated Californians will win $1.5 million on June 15th.
Winners must complete their vaccinations to claim their prize, and in the event that a winner is younger than age 18, the cash will be put in a savings account until they reach that age.
Other Vaccine Incentives
Dodger Stadium is offering tickets in special vaccinated-only fan sections at a 20% discount from normal ticket prices. Prices start at $34 for any fully-vaccinated adult, any 12- to 15 year-old child who has either been vaccinated or tested negative for COVID-19, or any child age 2 to 11 who has tested negative.
The NFL is providing 50 free tickets to Super Bowl LVI in February 2022 at SoFi Stadium, to any fans "who share their story on why they got vaccinated or will soon get vaccinated."
The NFL will also offer a 25% discount to vaccinated fans on purchases made at NFLShop.com.
Photo Credit: Getty Images