Online dating sites and dating apps are the new normal. But some first dates after meeting online can be the worst!
You know that moment when you meet in person and they look NOTHING like their photo...
We found some key things (thanks to science) that can up your chances to have a successful first date when you meet online.
According to Psychology Today, in spite of the rise in online dating, only 5% of married couples or those in a committed relationship say they met their partners online. So if you are interesting in that second date, follow theses tips:
1. Look for people who share genuine similarities with you. In other words, don't just swipe right for someone hot.
2. Communicating a lot before the first date. And make sure it is high quality communication.
3. Asking a lot of questions. Generally get to know the person as well as you can before meeting (but don't wait too long because interest may wane over time)
4. Meeting up with people who are open to sharing about themselves. In turn, be open to sharing about yourself.
5. Expecting that on average, you may be disappointed, but with persistence there is a good chance you can form a satisfying relationship.
6. Using online dating services that match you with people similar to you, and which require greater communication and sharing as part of online courtship.
Or you can always try and meet people the old fashion way...
Tune in to Valentine in the Morning every weekday morning from 5am to 10am!
Join us for lots of fun, great music, and celeb interviews! Play Battle Of the Sexes every weekday at 7:10a and again at 8:10a!
Valentine is the host of Valentine in the Morning and signs his emails "Colin's Daddy, Leilani's Husband, Red Sox Fan". He has worked in radio since he was 15, starting at a little station in Connecticut.
The little known facts category about Valentine include: former police officer, USO Entertainer (with over ten overseas tours), comedian, arachnophobia-sufferer, and a man's man (he wrote that last part).
Valentine is a winner of the ABC Radio Personality of the Year, RMA Personality of the Year, and Radio and Records Personality of the Year Nominee. Valentine's most important attribute on air is his desire to be open with his listeners and to share his real life, thereby allowing the listener to share theirs as well.
MEET VAL'S TEAM!
Jillian Escoto is the pop culture princess of Valentine in the Morning. Jill is born and raised in Southern California and spends most of her time keeping up with reality TV and celebrities - so you don't have to. After a few years of dating disasters, Jill is engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Ryan (who just so happens to be Kevin's brother). Jill has worked with Valentine for over 11 years.
Kevin, a Chicago native, sat in on the show one day & just never left. While he has hosted television shows on MTV, NBC & Lifetime... he's probably best known for creating the game "Pig in the Hole." He starts every day with a tall glass of Bloody Mary mix & he wears 2 pairs of socks at all times.
Meet The Rest of the Team